Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Update

Jenny was found today at her mothers house passed out on the floor with one of her drug friends. One of her sisters called me and asked me what to do. I hung up on her and called the police immediately. She needs to know that what she did two days ago is unacceptable. I was the first one to get her help...and I will be the driving force to put her behind bars. That may be the only thing that keeps this baby safe for 4 more months.

She cried when the police got there. Her mom, Billie, got into a physical match with her drug friend. (the same friend who gave her the first hit, and paid for her to come home from rehab twice...the same friend who is telling Jenny that it is okay to take Heroine while you're pregnant...just not too much). I am so proud of Billie for finally taking a stand against Jenny, her friends, and the drug.

Jenny begged to go back to treatment. The officer agreed not to take her to jail if she would hop in her mom's car and leave that same minute. She left...leaving her drug friend, Tiffany, on the front steps with three very angry sisters.

So Jenny is safe again tonight in a the best facility in Utah. They are treating her free of charge ($47,000 saved). They didn't have to take her back for a second chance, but they did.

This place is amazing. If you know of someone who is suffering from addiction and you want to get them the best money can buy, please check in to the Ark of Little Cottonwood. www.thearkoflittlecottonwood.com

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I appreciate your willingness to help and to let me help. I spoke with Jenny's sisters last night - it makes me feel so so bad when family members feel hopeless because you know me - there is always help and hope. I can truly appreciate Jenny, where she is and who she is running from. We just have to show her the right way vs. the wrong way and like I told her family - ther friends have to go!

I'm always here if you need me, I am more than willing and able to be the cleanest friend she has. If there's one thing I will never do -it's give up, and yes maybe she should be in jail, but if that happens than it does, but that doesn't mean she doesn't have a fighting chance when she comes home.

Thanks again..
H

The Bender Family said...

You might not remember me, I used to babysit you when you were younger. My family grew up in the same cul-de-sac as the Murray girls, our families are very close. Jenny's story just breaks my heart. I'm so glad she has you and that you're doing what you can to help her. I pray that it will work out this time around. I saw part of her Intervention and I couldn't believe it was her. Good luck with everything, please let me know if there's ever anything I can do. When you can get back in touch with her, please let her know that we love her and are thinking of her and want to see her succeed!

Jan said...

What you have done and are doing for Jenny is wonderful. She is very lucky she has you on her side. I think of her often and it is nice to be able to see the updates you post. The Murray girls have always been like family to me and it was difficult to watch the intervention. I am hoping and praying that this time she will stick with it to the end. Let me know if there is anything I can do. Thanks for all you have done.

Jan