Thursday, September 11, 2008

Jenny Update

Okay, okay...I'll give you what little I know.
Here's a little background. Jenny is a hairstylist (actually, she WAS a hair stylist). She lost her licence as a result of the drugs.

Anyway, she is still in rehab...and doing great. She had to attend a hearing that would determine if she would ever get her licence back or if it would be permanently revoked. She was expecting the worst since it had been a year since the suspension, and she still hadn't got her act together.

Her mom picked her up from rehab for the hearing and she went. They did not suspend her licence. As it turns out, someone on the committee board had seen the TV episode and was rooting for her sobriety. So they granted her another three months. They said if she completes treatment, she can have her licence back.

This is a wonderful thing! Jenny has not been able to work in a salon for a year...this great news will give her something to look forward to when she gets out.

Her mom told me that she was much more optimistic than she had been in a long time. She has learned how to knit from one of the other residents...and she is knitting the baby a blanket. She didn't ask once to use her mom's cell phone during the day trip. (Normally she would be begging to make some sort of contact with the drug world). Her mom took her back to "The Ark" after the hearing, Jenny gave her a hug, and got out of the car. No tears, no begging, just a girl who is obviously ready to make a change.

I get to go spend the day with her next Thursday.

I will let you know how it goes.

6 comments:

Tinabean said...

That is such good news I really hope that she continues on with good results.
I am praying for her & for you & your family.
I would really like to met her sometime.

Melissa said...

That's fantastic! I am praying for her and hoping this is her fresh start to a healthy life! Thanks for the comment on our blog, too!

Jan said...

This is wonderful news! I stopped by to see her mom yesterday but she wasn't home. I am so hoping and praying for the best for Jenny, her family, and the baby. Thanks so much for the update!

Unknown said...

Hell Yes! That's what we like to hear. Give a little - take a little! Way to go Jenny!

Give her a big hug for me next Thursday and let her know she is still in all of our prayers.

And the Club Rumors thing is awesome. I gotta check it out.. But as far as the contest at the end of the performance - HELL NO but I'll cheer'em all on.

And as for who lifts me up when I am down - my little bird friend. Well you can call me and I can tell you - but I highly doubt you would know who I speak of. :)

Love ya sunshine..

The Bender Family said...

I love reading the updates on Jenny. I am so relieved she's doing well. The Ark is close to where I live... I'd love to see her sometime.

Nikki said...

I am super excited for her! A little teary-eyed even... that somebody saw the show, and they are sympathetic because of it! You should give yourself a little pat on the back... your gift continues to produce fruit!
She is still in my thoughts and prayers!
P.S. brilliant idea for the Halloween costume!!! I think I am going to add some warm tights... and be done!!!! THANKS A MILLION for that idea!!