Thursday, September 4, 2008

Pictures from this week

Evan Jo had her first day of dance class!!!



She loved it! The teacher was worried that she might be a little young to start dance...but she did great.
In other news: I came home from work a few days ago only to find that my husband had completely gutted my upstairs bathroom. He's going to attempt to tile the walls, new paint, and a new sink, vanity, and faucets.


When I woke up this morning, I found this had crawled out of a hole in the wall that my husband had made to repair a pipe:

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Just kidding! My mother in law thinks that every home in my city is rat infested including mine! I'm hoping she reads this :)

I bought this rat for my daughter yesterday as a pet. Rat's are very intellectual and very lovey. They love to be petted and wrapped up in a warm blanket. In my family, we always named our rats "Mr. Fink". I wanted to keep the tradition alive, but my daughter insists that we name her Mouse. It's cute. I think we'll keep it. Here's some pictures that I took today with "Mouse".


The rat is very small right now, but she is a king rat and will grow to almost a foot long :0...call me crazy, but they really are the best pet for a child to have. They don't bite, they don't run away, and they are the cleanest rodent you can have.



Hope you enjoyed!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am laughing my ass off - so B is redoing the bathroom, but the joke was the mouse didn't come out of the hole. Oh my goodness - my cheeks hurt. Your little girl dancing is the cutest thing ever. Such a princess and then she holds the "Mouse". Let's just say I'm glad it's your pet, I'm still holding out for a Boxer. Have a great day sunshine.

Tinabean said...

OH I used to have a pet rat for awhile (You'll have to ask my mom about it *wink* *Wink*)
His name was templeton, you know like the rat on charlottes web.
He was all white with a little pink tail & red eyes.
He was cute.
I'll have to bring the boys up to see "Mouse".
Even looks so cute in her little dance outfit.
I was wondering when you were going to start her in dance.

Coach B. said...

I try to be funny when I can :)

Nikki said...

I am not sure how you found my blog, but because you commented on mine, I found yours :o)
I really enjoyed it. I really am addicted (?) to the show intervention. I am so mad that I missed the episode with your cousin and I hope that it repeats so that I can catch it. I will keep her in my prayers.
But... there is something else... I am a member of the Mormon church, too. I am a convert - I joined when I was 21. I really want you to know that no all of us are judgmental... I promise. I promise that I do not benefit at all by telling you this, other than... the peace of mind that I might get that you would think about it... but I want to tell you that my faith has carried me through the darkest days that life could possibly offer. Members of the church are humans, they can be flawed and judgmental, but that does not make the message any less true. I can promise you that the message will bring (maybe just your daughter) the greatest happiness that life can possibly provide.