Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Jenny Update

I got the invite to go with the family to see Jenny tomorrow. I was so excited until I heard this:

We will be attending group therapy. I need write down a very brief example of how Jenny's addiction has affected my life. I am trying to think of how my life has been affected by her addiction...it's a harder question than you think.

She really didn't do anything to me personally. I kind of invited myself into the problem by contacting Intervention and spending dozens upon dozens of hours preparing for her departure. When she failed at her first attempt at rehab, I spent a dozen more hours trying to find another place. I willingly did all of this. She didn't ask for it...but I knew she needed it.

So other than time away from family and work...I can't think of anything. Sure there were some sleepless nights when she stressed the hell out of me, but it isn't something that all of us didn't feel.

So I'm just trying to think of what to say.

Anyway, I will try to snap a picture with her tomorrow before we leave.

If you have any kind words for Jenny, please comment and I will print them all off and give them to her.

Thanks!

2 comments:

Jan said...

Please tell Jenny that the Davis family loves her and that we are rooting for her success. Thanks for all you have done for her.

Unknown said...

I think they want more of what Jenny's addiction has done to you vs. what Jenny has done. The heart ache that you've watched and experienced is enough I think.

Give her a big hug and tell her we are all rooting for her. Let me know how it goes.