Monday, February 23, 2009

Burning Bridges

If there is anything I have learned the past 5 years, it is that sucess comes by hard work, dedication, and just saying what you mean and meaning what you say. But I believe there is one other element to sucess.

Don't burn bridges! So many people in my past have pissed me off, ripped me off, didn't believe in me, or flat out didn't like me as a person. Guess what? I didn't burn bridges with any of those people. I may say things that put people off...and those people decide to cut ties with me. That's fine...but you know what? I still invite them to every single event I have. I still go when invited, and I always say kind things about them to everyone I meet...even if I don't mean it.

Those people have in some way or another played key roles in developing business, learning new trades, and comforting me when I fall.

If you want to be a sucess in life, business, and family...start building the bridges and don't let anymore burn.

Anyway, that's my two cents for today.

Have a great week!

No comments: