Saturday, February 14, 2009

Ask a stripper

I had a sit down with one of my "stripper" friends and this is how it went:

Q: What does your husband think of your profession?
A: He loves it! He says it gives him a ego boost to know that he has something that so many men want. He's the only one who knows what it's like to actually sleep with me.

Q: What is your average take home each night you work?
A: It depends on how many dancers are working, what mood I'm in, ect. But on average I make between $150-$200/night for a 7 hour shift. I've heard that dancers actually make more money when they're ovulating.

Q: What are some of the Utah laws and rules for strip clubs and dancers?
A: We can only dance on stage in an alcohol serving bar. All clubs must have front rails to protect the dancer from the customer. We must stay 3 ft away from customers at all times. Pasties must be worn at all times and cover the entire areola. No g-strings.

Q: Do guys ever hit on you?
A: Yes. All the time. Some are polite and ask for a phone number while others straight out ask "How Much?" I always respectfully decline :)

Q: What's the crudest thing a guy has ever said to you?
A: "Show me your ass hole" and "I think it's so sexy that you have a pooch on your belly".

Q: Do a lot of strippers really do drugs?
A: In my club...NO! We are good girls. Of course there are some in other clubs that do, but usually the club owners handle it and hire classy girls who are dancing for the right reasons.

Q: Do you have to be tested for STD's?
A: No.

Q: What are girl customers like?
A: They're fun...but they try to get away with a lot. They always try to reach up on stage and touch us. They don't tip very well because they are usually too self involved...they don't pay much attention to what's going on on stage.

Q: What is your overhead?
A: The standard is to pay the DJ 10% and the bounder 5%. It's a courtesy....not a requirement.

Q: How has the economy affected your business?
A: It has actually impacted it a great deal. More people are staying home to drink vs. going out where the drinks are expensive. And most of our clients are blue collared workers who are struggling right now.

Q: Can you write off beauty enhancements?
A: Yes. I can write off anything I do to enchance my appearance. Hair treatments, teeth whitening, tanning...

Q: What is the most you've ever made in one night?
A: $360.

Q: How are you going to explain your job to your daughter?
A: She's only 3 right now, but I will explain it to her appropriate to her age. I am able to stay home with her all day and go to work when she is asleep. She doesn't even know I'm gone.

Q: So you're more like a house wife?
A: Yes! I am a mother and a wife first and a dancer second. I do all the same things that every house wife does. I cook, clean, worry about bills, save money to buy bigger clothes for my growing daughter. I have a family, a mortgage, two dogs, and a picket fence. I am just like every other wife and mother.

Q: Final question. What kind of music do you like to dance to?
A: I love rock, but if there is a hip hop crowd, I'll cater to them.

No comments: