Thursday, November 8, 2007

Lesson relearned

Okay...so if you read my rant and rave yesterday, you would know that I have some explaining to do.

Yes, I was very mad at that particular parent, yes she is very nasty to me. But you know what? I forced myself to get in the car with her for the two hour drive to Nephi for the competition and you know what???...we had fun! She told me her point of view about how I run the drill team. After talking with her, I can see where maybe I could have handled things differently with a couple of the girls.

Her main thing is that she doesn't want the girls to be pampered princesses (birthday parties at school, overly decorated locker room, lavish gifts, lavish meals). She just wants the team to do well at competition and she doesn't think that vanity should have any part in that....and I totoally agree. So, tonight at the parent meeting (planned weeks ago), I will talk about these things.

Anyway, I just feel a lot better today.

Oh and on a better note: An experienced pole dancer called me yesterday. She is interested in the position that is open at my studio for the pole fitness class. I have seen her dance before and she is amazing.
If any of my readers are in Utah, you need to come check out the studio. Go to my website for all the info: http://www.danceogden.com/

2 comments:

Laurie said...

She was put in your car for a reason. I consider myself a good judge of character, but I base too much on first impressions. I've been wrong about people about as many times as I've been right. It still doesn't stop me from hating somebody on the spot though. :)

Coach B. said...

Thanks Laurie.

I think both of us had bad first impressions. I thought she was a stuck up prude and she assumed that I was too young an niave to know any better. I think we both learned something.