Saturday, November 15, 2008

Ogden's dumbest criminals.

My husband and I went to Maverick @ 10:30pm tonight to get some dill pickle seeds.
Right as we pulled up near the front doors, three men ran with beer cases to a Toyota 4 Runner. Just as the driver put her car in to reverse, a police car came speeding over the curb trapping them in their stall. Gun drawn, he told the driver and passengers to get on the ground.

This whole time, I'm wondering "How did the police officer know that this place was going to be robbed"?

The answer came to me from a homeless man who had witnessed what had happened fifteen minutes earlier. As it turns out, the same car with the same guys had been to that exact gas station 15 minutes earlier and committed the same exact crime. The first time, they got away with two large cases of beer. I guess that wasn't enough, because they returned, attempted the crime again..and got caught. I experienced the second crime.

The cop was so smart to wait in a neighboring parking lot to see if they returned. I honestly wouldn't have thought that someone would be so stupid as to return to the scene of a crime and try to commit the same exact crime.

Dumb Dumb Dumb.

The men who robbed the store looked like hardened criminals. I was happy to see them get caught (the whole parking lot was basically cheering when the squad car came to the rescue). The driver however, was a young blond girl who was probably in her late teens maybe early twenties. Why was this girl involved in this?

Anyway. It was exciting!

No comments: