Saturday, July 26, 2008

Adding a new family member!!!!

Arrow down to learn more about our exciting surprise!
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>


>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
JUST KIDDING!
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Meet Max!
We got him from Ogden City Animal Shelter. He is a 1 year old handsome pit bull.
He was found wandering the streets of Ogden. The police were called. When they arrived, Max came running after them. They raised their guns and almost shot....had it not been for a child watching. So, the police officers got in their car and called animal control.

The animal control officer came ready to tranqualize the "out of control pit bull".

When she arrived, Max ran to her and gave her lots of big kisses. He would have done the same to the police officers if given the chance.
He wouldn't hurt a fly!
Anyway, we found him curled up in the back of his cage at the shelter. He didn't want to be petted, but I was persistant. I knew that I was probably the only crazy person who would think of adopting the mean looking dog confined to one corner of his cage.

But I walked in there and petted him for a while and he decided to come out for a walk.

My husband was with me. He didn't like the idea at first because we have such terrible luck with dogs....but I knew "Big Papa" was the one (that's the name they gave him)

I had to leave him to go get my female pit bull named Sassy to see if they got along. He was very upset that I was leaving him. It took three people to get him back in his cage.

Above: Sassy
To make a long story short, they got along and he is at home with us :) He continues to attempt to mark his territory. I dicipline him but my husband doesn't dare to yet....he could eat him alive!

Here are some more photos of Max playing in his new back yard:


No comments: