Saturday, July 4, 2009

The big offer

Okay, so I was vague earlier. I had an investor approach me about franchising my business. He would like to franchise it to 10-15 stores across the nation and then turn around and sell it in three years. His company would supply all the money needed to set up that many dance studio's. All he asks from me is that I train the teachers and managers while also traveling to each location and getting each store running efficently for 2-3 weeks at a time.

He has done this to a very well known hotel chain...and it worked. He made more money in that deal than I care to think about.

I know the investor pretty well and he is very excited about my business and the kind of profit it could make. He is a very good friend of the mayor of my town.

I was very excited the first few days about making 6-7 digits per year...and then I came back down to earth. I know that I could be wealthy with my business. Pole fitness is on the rise and there is much money to be made.

However, the more I thought about it, I couldn't help but think that I would be hurting myself, my family, and my love for dance. If I were to just do the business aspect of it and stop teaching, choreographing, and interacting with my teachers and students...I would go crazy.

I haven't given the investor an answer yet, but I'm leaning toward opening a few more studio's in nearby counties with one of my friends. That way, I can still put my personal touch on everything while spending time with my family and keeping my sanity.

I don't know what to do! What does everyone else think??? Big money franchise or mom and pop dance studio????

1 comment:

AquariusArts said...

Follow Your Bliss. I support you 100% either way, and you know that you have my help whenever and however I can provide.