Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Alone at the "top"

I remember my job at the credit union like it was yesterday. I was a teller (cashier)...basically at the bottom of the todem pole. I had lots of friends at work and we loved to talk shit on the management. We all bought scooters one year and rode to work every day and parked next to each other. We were so cool :)

Now, I own a business and I am the management. My employees talk shit on me and there's nothing I can do about it. I'm a good boss and I pay very well...but for some reason, people will always find nasty things to say.

Anyway, I miss the friendships I used to have with co-workers. But I know that the 20 year old girl at the credit union would kill to be at the "top".

Oh well...you can't win or lose. All I can do is run my business to the best of my ability and come home and love on my man and my super cute teenie weenie daughter whom I love to teenie weenie pieces.

2 comments:

Tinabean said...

This is so very true.
You can't win for loosing.
Family is the most important so just focus on them screw the rest!

Unknown said...

Yeah - What Tina said..
And I'll have you know that even at the Credit Union, you were on the top - you just didn't know it! Those who will talk behind our backs and not to our faces are those that we really shouldn't worry about! You rock and you know it!! I love your teenie weenie family!