Thursday, March 27, 2008

The best phone call ever!

Last night, I got a call at 10:30pm from an unknown phone number. I almost didn't answer it, but for some reason, I did.

It was Jenny....

She cried and thanked me for everything. It's hard to accept credit for what happened over this past week. So, I told her that I couldn't have done it with out her family. After all, without them, she wouldn't be alive still. There are dozens of small things that they've done over the past year to save her life. I only submitted an entry for a crazy TV show.

She was picked out of over 50,000 entries.

Jenny was born on St. Patricks Day. She has never thought herself to be lucky. After all, she filed for bankruptcy, became a drug addict, lost her car, her job, and her friends and family. But through all of that loss in her life, she was able to stay alive long enough for help to arrive. I consider that pretty lucky.

Anyway, she's doing fine. She says it's beautiful out there. She was very worried about being lonely, but I think she'll be okay. She's going through medical detox right now. She's not in any pain, but she sleeps a lot.

I am going to call her again today to keep her company.

No comments: