Friday, February 15, 2008

The trophy

I have this trophy displayed in my dance studio. It reads "Clinton City Softball Champs 2007". Our famliy softball team rocks. We are called "Famiy Feud" because we end up fighting with eachother more than we do with the other team. It's actually quite comical.

Anyway, we take this title almost every year, and every year, my cousin Jenny takes the trophy home. She wasn't able to take the trophy home this year because she stopped playing midway through our season. I thought it was because of a fight we had about finding a substitute player for me when I was unable to attend because of work.

Well, I got a call from my mom today telling me that Jenny is in Jail. Turns out, Jenny has been on Meth and Heroine since last summer (softball season). She has lost her job, her house, and her car. We never have mess ups in our family, so this is unusual and I am unsure of what to think.

I guess I just have a hard time understanding how and why? How do you get the drugs and why do you do it? Who introduced you to the drugs and where is their family? We care about her and will stop at nothing to ensure her sobriety. I have spent all day contacting rehab facilities and even a TV show called Intervention to see if we can get some help.

Keep you posted. In the mean time, I'm going to assist my family in hunting down her so called friends and showing their true colors to their families and the law.

No comments: