Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Intervention update

The producers of the television show called my cousin yesterday to make sure she was on board with participating in a project about her addiction. This was a huge step. She messed it up.

She was high all day and she needed money to get more drugs. She had two hair cut appointments lined up to earn money for her drug. Well, she slept through both of them. Then, she found out that one of her druggie friends stole something from her...big surprise right. So she was very upset and couldn't function normally. When the producers called her to talk, she told them that she was busy and they needed to call back. They didn't call back, and nobody has heard anything from the show for a few days.

I hope that some day Jenny knows that I tried to fight for her. I haven't talked to her in over a year and I am sure that she thinks that I am oblivious to her problem. But I'm not. I don't think that talking to her is going to help and trying to act like things are normal certainly isn't going to do any good. So, I'm trying to help her by giving her the intervention, but she can't seem to help the stars line up.

Keep your fingers crossed.

No comments: